General Carnival Information
Hunter Branch conducts Junior Carnivals during the season for age groups of U9 –U/14. The Carnivals are held as competition between nippers of different surf clubs, culminating with the Branch Junior Championships followed by the NSW Junior State Championships. Other Carnivals and events are also held throughout the region at which Swansea Belmont Nippers may compete with the Club’s permission.
Please check the Nipper calendar for the dates and venues of the carnivals.
Individual Competition Events for Carnivals include
All Nippers are able to enter any individual event at all Carnivals (including the State Titles).
- U/9 & U/l0: Sprint, Beach Flags, Sprint Relay, Surf Swim, Board Race, Swim Teams, Board Relay.
- U/11 Up: Sprint, Beach Flags, Sprint Relay, Surf Swim, Board Race, Swim Teams, Board Relay, Board Rescue & Cameron.
Club Competition Events for Carnivals include
- Surf Teams (U/9 – U/14), Board Relay (U/9– U/14), Cameron Relay (U/9 – U/14), Board Rescue (U/11 – U14), Beach Relay (U/9 – U/14), All Age Relays (Beach and Board).
- Selections for team events will be made by the Club Selection panel using club Selection Guidelines.
- There is also Surf Board riding for all competitors aged holding the Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC).
At all carnivals the Swansea Belmont Club Cap must be worn. And the club encourages competitors to wear Swansea Belmont Swimmers (items can be purchased from the online store.
We are very proud of our March Past Teams and feel it’s an honour to represent your club by marching in this event. It’s a team event with 12 members, 4 holding the rescue reel and the rest forming set lines. We then march around a designated course in uniform and are judged on marching in time with each other and holding positions on or around the wheel.